Delivery location updated
Ponting Wines is a collaboration between one of Australia’s most celebrated cricketers, Ricky Ponting and Ben Riggs, an award-winning Australian winemaker known for uncompromising, high quality wines. Masters of their craft, their partnership has been forged to celebrate their dedication and achievements.
Each wine reflects Ricky’s life and has been carefully crafted by Ben to ensure flavour, structure and complexity are of the highest quality.
Ponting Wines is a celebration of Ben and Ricky's commitment, dedication and achievements in their chosen crafts.
T-BONE STEAK WITH TRUFFLE MUSTARD RECIPE
We all have our favorite pairings, but there is one combo that beats them all – red wine & steak. Wine with a steak is a great way to elevate the flavors of both your drink and your food.
Try out this great recipe for a T-bone steak made with Random Harvest Australian Truffle Mustard. A quality, juicy succulent T-Bone steak needs, a very good quality mustard to elevate the flavours!
Tip: If the pan isn’t big enough for all your steaks, don’t be tempted to squeeze them in anyway. Cook them one or two at a time then leave them to rest as you cook the remainder of your batch wrapped in foil.
2 T-Bone steaks
2 tbsps. Random Harvest Australian Truffle Mustard
Salt and pepper
1 garlic clove sliced
2 tbsps. of olive oil
A sprig of rosemary
- Salt and pepper your steaks and smother them with the Random Harvest Australian Truffle Mustard.
- Heat a heavy base frying pan and add the oil.
- Once the oil is almost smoking add your steaks to the hot pan carefully.
- Add the garlic on the side and the rosemary sprig to infuse with flavour.
- For medium rare cook for 3.5mins on each side.
- Transfer skillet to the oven. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted sideways into the steak registers 120 degrees F for medium-rare, about 6 to 8 minutes, if you don’t have a thermometer.
- Transfer steak to a cutting board and let it rest for 10 minutes. Cut steak from the bone and carve meat across the grain.