Delivery location updated
Oakridge is a award-winning winery, cellar door and restaurant, located in the heart of Victoria’s oldest wine region – the Yarra Valley.
Established in 1978, Oakridge has grown to become an internationally recognised producer of award-winning wines and must-visit Yarra Valley destination.
As a pioneer of the wine growing region of the upper Yarra Valley, Oakridge is known for producing distinctive single-vineyard wines that reflect the unique terroir of the region.
Leading the winery team is Chief Winemaker (and Gourmet Traveller WINE Winemaker of the Year for 2017) David Bicknell.
Oakridge Vineyard Series Willowlake Chardonnay.
This recipe was created by Oakridge Executive Chef Aaron Brodie.
Sustainably - farmed Murray cod is a regular feature on the Oakridge restaurant menu. Barramundi can be used as a substitute if Murray cod is not available.
2 x 150g Murray cod fillets - skin on
250ml chicken stock
30ml lemon juice
100g kohlrabi - julienned
100g radish - julienned
1 tbsp chives - chopped
1 tbsp parsley - chopped
1 tbsp dilll - chopped
1 tbsp seeded mustard
salt and pepper
extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 180°C
2. For the avgolemono sauce, bring chicken stock to a simmer.
3. In a blender, add eggs , lemon juice plus salt and pepper to taste, blend until white and fluffy.
4. Slowly add hot stock to the blender. Keep adding until all the stock is incorporated (you should have a silky smooth consistency ), check seasoning then put aside.
5. Season kohlrabi and radish with 1 tsp salt, leave for 15 mins . Squeeze out excess moisture then add chopped herbs and mustard. Mix ingredients then set aside.
6. Heat vegetable oil in a non- stick fry pan over medium-high heat. Season the fish with sea salt and place skin- side down in the pan. Cook the fish, without moving it at all , until the skin i s golden and crisp then add butter. Carefully turn the fish over and put the pan into the oven for 5 mins.
7. To serve, first spoon a small pool of the avgolemono on the plate. Place Murray cod on top, then the radish and kohlrabi salad. Finish with a drizzle of good extra virgin olive oil.